The title says it all! Opinions expressed here are those of the authors. Personal tastes may vary, and we are cool with that.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Some News

A few snippets of news have come to my attention I thought I would share here.

1. Italian Gothic rock/metal/whatever band Lacuna Coil have set October 4 as the release date for their next album, to be entitled Dark Adrenaline.  Vocalist Cristina Scabbia has described the music in the new album as "probably the heaviest we have ever written. But then we have some cool songs with a dark, 'old-school' vibe, and then some other rocking songs which are a bit more modern and anthemic sounding."  I'm curious, of course, but I was so disappointed with Shallow Life I'm not sure I can move on.  But I'm open-minded!

2.  German power metal band, and my #2 band ever, Dawn of Destiny, is teasing fans like me on Facebook with hints about a new album, being very coy about a release date.  Apparently, from what I can glean, it'll be out sometime late this year.  It'll be their first album with new vocalist Jeanette Scherff, who, I have to say, I haven't been really fond of when viewing live performances the band's had with her since she joined.  Again, I remain open-minded!  We shall see.

3.  Evanescence finally will be releasing a new CD, self-titled, also on Oct. 4.  It's about time!

4.  Nightwish has been confirmed for the 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise, which takes place Jan. 23 - 27 and will sail around the Caribbean.  The cost is $666 and includes meals and non-alcoholic beverages.  Other confirmed acts are Amorphis, Tristania, Eluveitie, Therion, and Stratovarius.  This sounds like an awesome event!

No comments: