The title says it all! Opinions expressed here are those of the authors. Personal tastes may vary, and we are cool with that.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Olle Ekman's Death Metal Warm-ups

If you're Canadian, you no doubt know who George Stroumboulopoulos is. We call him Strombo for short, and some of us have huge crushes on him. He has a national radio show and is a known music geek and former VJ for MuchMusic. He also has a popular TV show on our national network CBC. Anyway, this video was in his Facebook feed today and I thought it was worth reposting here because it's really quite fascinating. Here is the original post on George's CBC site.

Here is the video on YT of death metal vocalist Olle Ekman's vocal warm-up. Now, I'm not the biggest DM fan in the world, but I did get a lot of enjoyment out of watching this. Olle sings for Swedish bands Volturyon and Deals Death.



Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Protagonist said...

This is a really cool thing to see. I'm not much one for harsh vocals myself, outside of some of the most melodic of melo-death (Ensiferum, Wintersun, Scar Symmetry, Equilibrium, etc.), but I find it interesting that some vocalists use this.