The title says it all! Opinions expressed here are those of the authors. Personal tastes may vary, and we are cool with that.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

30 Day Music Challenge, Day 02: Least Favourite Song

I know I am in the minority here, but I am not a fan of After Forever, and I am not super keen on Floor Jansen's voice. This isn't to say I don't respect their talents & abilities as musicians - I do, and I can see that they have considerable amounts of these things - it's just a personal taste thing.

A while back, my cohort here, Eric, challenged me to listen to all of After Forever's discography, and I did this. It didn't improve my feelings towards them at all. The album I liked least was Invisible Circles, a concept album about a married couple whose relationship is on the rocks and who have a child caught in the middle. Once in a while during this CD, there are these melodramatic excerpts of fights between this married couple, featuring a sneery image-minded man and a desperate, whinging female. These little scenes add a cheesiness to this album it did not need. Here is one I can safely categorize in my "least favourite songs" list, "Between Love and Fire."

5 comments:

Eric James said...

After Forever is a good band, but yeah, this song and this album isn't their best.

Sorcha said...

I agree with you Chanuckfan. I'm also not a big fan of AF or Floor Jansen most times. I only like 1 or 2 songs by them.

Allyson said...

@ Sorcha: I can honestly say that the only song I like by AF is their cover of Heart's "Alone."

Eric James said...

@ CanuckFan & Sorcha

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xP

Anyways, welcome to Heavy Metal FTW Sorcha! :D

Sorcha said...

I only like Energize Me, Face your Demons (MARCO <3) and that other song.. can't remember the name..

@ Erik James: Floor is overrated :p She is a very sweet person though. And man, she's so goddamn tall!

And thanks! And thanks to you two for making this blog. It's very nice :D