The title says it all! Opinions expressed here are those of the authors. Personal tastes may vary, and we are cool with that.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ballads Away: What Kind of Love

Despite my negative reviews of Avantasia's two follow-up CDs to The Scarecrow, I really can say I liked The Scarecrow a lot. This is perhaps my favourite song from that release, and it features Amanda Somerville, who has collaborated not only with Avantasia but also quite a lot with Epica, and she is also Simone Simon's vocal coach. While her solo stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea, I do love her voice. She even filled in for Simone during a tour when Simone was ill, and she did a wicked job from what I can tell from YouTube footage I saw of her performances.

Here is "What Kind of Love." Enjoy!

No comments: