The title says it all! Opinions expressed here are those of the authors. Personal tastes may vary, and we are cool with that.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Swallow the Sun Feat. Anette Olzon

I do remember this project being announced somewhere, probably on Blabbermouth, perhaps on Anette's blog, but yesterday the song "Cathedral Walls" by Finnish doom metalers, Swallow the Sun, was released.  It features Nightwish singer Anette Olzon in a duet.

Not really a fan of doom myself, I have to say I really like this song.  It has great atmosphere and emotion, and Anette sounds positively divine.  Her vox sounds ethereal and is key to the atmosphere created in the song.

The video, however, is a bit odd.  Anette herself isn't in it, so I don't know who that dark-haired, veiled lady is, but my big question is, WTF is up with those...dancers...doing sort of yoga poses or weird interpretive dance movements?  With black flags?!  Very strange!


No comments: