The title says it all! Opinions expressed here are those of the authors. Personal tastes may vary, and we are cool with that.

Friday, January 6, 2012

RIP Nicole Bogner

This morning via Facebook, I found out that Visions of Atlantis's first singer, Nicole Bogner, passed away at the young age of 27.  The official band statement said that she had been "fighting a severe disease over a long period of time."

Since Nicole's departure from VoA in 2005, I wondered where her path had taken her.  She was the vox that initially got me into the band, and I hoped she would continue her career in metal somehow, somewhere.  I thought her voice was gorgeous and hoped to hear her sing again.  But for years, nothing was heard of her at all.  Until today.

My thoughts go out to Nicole's loved ones and the Visions of Atlantis family.  Nicole was an enormous talent and she will be greatly missed.


No comments: