The title says it all! Opinions expressed here are those of the authors. Personal tastes may vary, and we are cool with that.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Unshine Update

If you haven't heard of Unshine before, I suggest you get on YouTube and start listening!  I stumbled across them a few years ago and really liked what I heard, then I kind of got distracted with other stuff, and they fell out of my regular queue of listening.  Then, they came back to my awareness over the summer via Last.fm, and I realized how much I missed them and how much I was missing out by not listening to them very often.  They are ridiculously underrated.

Hailing from Finland, this female-fronted band has a Gothic-y kind of feel but their lyrical themes have a lot to do with Celtic & pagan stuff, and myth & legend.  Their singer, Susana Vesilahti has a unique voice for the genre.  They have two albums, and recently, Unshine announced that album #3 will be released in early 2012.  They aren't signed with a label at this particular time.

Here is a sample of 4 songs off the upcoming album:


And here are a couple of faves from previous albums.



No comments: